Saturday, August 25, 2007

Catch Up

As you can see I've changed the name of this blog from "Homeschooling Days" to "Many Little Blessings". Now I have no excuse. It doesn't matter who I'm homeschooling and who I'm not. It's just about our many little blessings (one little blessing just started high school so maybe he's not so little any more).

Let's play catch up, shall we?


Beanie decided that she would like to go to the private Christian school for kindergarten. We had done some homeschooling last year for kindergarten, but she just wasn't ready to really work until mid-year. I didn't want to push her as she was a really young kindergartner (although I did teach her to read). I wanted to enjoy the time I had with her alone. So this year, my socialite entered school to be around girls.


When we left that morning she was all excited and couldn't wait to go to big school. Of course when it came to actually going INTO the classroom and having mom leave her, things changed just a bit.







Once she was in her desk she was all smiles again. That made it much easier for mommy to leave her. I've never left a child to kindergarten before. I cried a little after I left and got down the hall. One of the mom's put her arm around me and said, "I must be a really bad mother. I was just so happy to get the last one out of the house. Now I can go home and clean out my closets!" I couldn't help but laugh!







Tuna started middle school on the same day. But he informed me that he was too old for me to be taking pictures of him on the first day. So here is a picture I took of him with his birthday panCAKEs.



He's really enjoying being in middle school. The science room is his favorite place to be and I find him there most days when I have to go looking for him after school.


Barney and Pooh choose to homeschool again this year. They did public school last year and decided that they "learn more at home". Part of their daily lessons include music. Barney is teaching Pool violin. I had to promise Pooh that we would get him a cello after the house sells. He also wants to play the drums. Cool.

I know it isn't a very good picture, but here is the high schooler. WAY not cool for mommy to take pictures of you once you're in high school. Here he is after band practice sharing his cheeseburger with Beanie. She had come down to tell him all about her first day of school. He listened and asked questions. He was really interested. J-Man is THE bestest big brother!


My Superhero...I love kissy pictures!

No comments: